so, remember that paper negative carrier that i posted last week? well, here’s one of the early prints i made with it. it was done on Ilford MGIV fibre paper (with the matte finish - and that finish is like fucking silk! it’s so beautifully smooth!!), and developed in Kodak Dektol. i used a split-contrast method of printing where you print the highlights using a grade-0 filter and then print the shadows using a grade-5 filter. this gives you a lot of control and you can get good prints rather quickly. unfortunately, this paper seems to dry a bit darker than i thought, so the print lacks a little sparkle in the highlights. and i think it’s still lacking a little depth in the shadows. so, i’m going to try to reprint it again this weekend with a little less time on grade-0 and a little more on grade-5.